Tuesday, August 22, 2023
1945 AFN Scripts
A couple of weeks ago I heard about this. Some personal papers that seemed to have some AFN scripts from the 40s. I did the deal. The owner turned out to be in Minneapolis so I could pick them up and get the history (provenance is rarely available) . Jack Pratt led the ATC Orchestra after Glenn Miller. These were a batch of his personal papers. The ATC band toured Europe after the war. It was some incredible history and yes a bunch of AFN scripts. Countdown shows, T/5 Mickey Rooney in a show and this one. Jack Benny went to Europe during his summer break in 1945 and did a show exclusively for AFN (anyone have audio of this???)
I'm just happy to be able to give it a home. Now how to share it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment